1st Annual Minneapolis Bike ‘n’ Brew Tour

Whatcha’ doing this Friday night at 5pm? Nothing? Oh, that’s cool. Kinda.

Join local urban and transportation celebrity bloggers on the 1st Annual Minneapolis Bike ‘n’ Brew Tour.

route

The route is a simple 8 (eight) miles that start at Harriet Brewing Company at 5pm. The route will then progress up through Northeast as the night goes on. Here’s the line-up:

Feel free to join at any point during the evening. We’ll be live tweeting @StreetsMN the progress of the ride, so make sure to check there. There will be a live podcast throughout the ride that will cover topics ranging from biking, local brews and whatever else.
Please bring the following items:
  • Bike
  • Bike Helmet
  • Bike Lock
  • Lights
  • ID Card indicating you are above 21 years of age
  • Money (recommended)
  • Water Bottle (recommended)
  • Light Jacket (recommended)

Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you there!

13 Responses to 1st Annual Minneapolis Bike ‘n’ Brew Tour

Bill Lindeke May 7, 2013 at 10:04 pm #

Also, feel free to buy me drinks.

• Peter Janelle May 8, 2013 at 10:15 am #

Is there a “donate” button for that?

2. Nathaniel M Hood
    Nathaniel May 8, 2013 at 10:55 am #

Filtering tax-free non-profit donations to alcohol consumption might be frowned upon, but I think it may be technically legal if properly disclosed.

• David Levinson
      David Levinson May 9, 2013 at 1:32 pm #

The university does it all the time. You just need a justification.

3. John May 8, 2013 at 1:47 pm #

You guys are missing out by skipping over northbound brew pub. I would have started there as opposed to harriet. just sayin.

• Nathaniel M Hood
      Nathaniel May 8, 2013 at 1:52 pm #

Northbound is a great place and I certainly didn’t mean to snub it. As the route planner, I felt that Harriet was more central, hence we are using it as the starting point. We’ll certainly do another Bike ‘n’ Brew in the future and I’ll make sure to get Northbound on the list.

4. Matt May 8, 2013 at 4:19 pm #

Anyone have ideas for some sort of bike/human transport back to the south side that doesn’t involve two city buses or pedaling?

• Nathaniel M Hood
      Nathaniel May 8, 2013 at 4:28 pm #

You might be out of luck. I recommend a cab. Or, doing Nice Ride to downtown and then jumping on a bus back to South Minneapolis.

• Matt May 8, 2013 at 4:34 pm #

I think I should just be not-lazy and bike it

5. Kadence May 8, 2013 at 8:58 pm #

I’m not sure how large a turnout is expected for this event, but you should call ahead to alert these breweries that you’ve organized an event to bring in more people to patronize their businesses – or devise a backup plan, stat.

A bunch of us urban planning students participated in the Minneapolis Bike Coalition’s “Bikes and Brewvies” back in March and while Fulton is pretty large and was able to accommodate most of us (albeit it was essentially standing room only), Dangerous Man is almost always at capacity every weekend. Indeed is a bit better on space, but you might run into the same problems that we did.

• Pedro May 8, 2013 at 10:23 pm #

Thanks for the suggestion Kadence. Based on Twitter activity, I know that at least Indeed, Harriet, and Dangerous Man are aware that we’re doing this. Dangerous man is often over capacity with a line out front, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we aren’t able to gain entrance.

• Nathaniel M Hood
        Nathaniel May 9, 2013 at 10:13 am #

Kadence – Good recommendation. Every brewery has been contacted via e-mail (and/or online contact forms) and also on Twitter.

6. minneapolisite May 9, 2013 at 7:59 pm #

Meh. As usual with sporadic Mpls biking events, I either forget or I have something more important going on at the same time. This time, it’s the latter.