Woody Allen (or perhaps it was Harry Truman) famously said decisions are made by those who show up. Streets.MN readers who are also Minneapolis residents may be interested in these opportunities to show up (and make decisions):
- Bicycle Advisory Committee: advise the Mayor, Council and Park Board on bike-related issues. (13 vacancies)
- Pedestrian Advisory Committee: advise the Mayor and City Council on policies, programs, and actions for improving pedestrian safety, mobility, accessibility, and comfort. (8 vacancies)
- Capital Long Range Improvement Committee (CLIC): make recommendations to the City Council and Mayor on the five-year capital improvement program. (3 vacancies)
- Neighborhood and Community Engagement Commission: advise on community issues and needs related to community participation. (4 vacancies)
- Planning Commission: develop and implement the city’s Comprehensive Plan. (1 vacancy)
Streets.mn is a non-profit and is volunteer run. We rely on your support to keep the servers running. If you value what you read, please consider becoming a member.