Today, Streets.MN’s very own William Lindeke — board member, writer-wrangler, and geographer — was featured on MPR’s Morning Circuit to discuss the future of Block E and the new vision for its use.
His appearance is summed up on the MPR site. But Bill’s had a lot to say about Block E right here on Streets.MN. Here are two highlights:
- Podcast #44 — Resurrecting Block E (with Joan Vorderbruggen)
- “Downtown is for People” 55 Years Later
He also wrote a fine post on his own blog today summarizing four things people should know about Block E that’s worth your read.
Others at Streets.MN have had their say as well:
- The 5 Stages of Development Grief (via Yasmine Robinson)
- Postcast #1 (!) — Stadiums, Casinos, NIMBYs and LRT (featuring Bill, along with fellow Streets-People Nate Hood and Spencer Agnew)
- Dreaming of the 7th Street Mall (via Michael Roden)
The future of Block E (for now) includes practice facilities for the Minnesota Timberwolves and their more successful sisters the Minnesota Lynx, as well as offices, and still another go at retail space and restaurants. On the plus side, this time it’s privately financed. The down side? Well, you tell us, readers. What do you think of this latest attempt to deal with Block E?