Tell Metro Transit Your Thoughts on Concept Arterial BRT Shelters

Which do you like best?

Which do you like best?

Metro Transit wants to know what you think about some concept Arterial Bus Rapid Transit shelter designs.  Click here to take their survey.

10 Responses to Tell Metro Transit Your Thoughts on Concept Arterial BRT Shelters

Bill Lindeke March 2, 2014 at 2:10 pm #

Maybe it’s just me. I like aBRT plans a hell of a lot, but I just don’t care about this. What’s the difference?

2. Eric Saathoff
    Eric S March 2, 2014 at 2:27 pm #

I found these boring and told them so. It seems that bus stops are an opportunity to bring a little public art into our communities. I really like the wooden structure in St. Anthony Park, St. Paul.

3. Cedar March 2, 2014 at 9:50 pm #

I also told them that I thought all the options were incredibly boring. I agree that it’s a lost opportunity. There’s no reason bus shelters HAVE to be boring; wouldn’t it be nice to be at the forefront of interesting urban design for once?

4. Justin H March 2, 2014 at 11:05 pm #

Soooo… We can just pick the roofline and the paint job? Why even put this up for a vote. This is worth no one’s time.

5. Alex Cecchini
    Alex Cecchini March 3, 2014 at 8:29 am #

I want the stop that has a transparent sign and casts nary a shadow. Progress!

6. brad March 3, 2014 at 9:43 am #

It looks like these are open on both sides, so I’m not sure how much help they’ll be for shelter on -20 wind chill days

7. Faith March 3, 2014 at 11:01 am #

Write in campaign! I want a Transit Map for the Twin Cities by Kyril Negoda in every shelter. https://streets.mn/2014/03/03/future-transit-map/

If he can create a map of the existing network that is half as good as his future network map, bus riders across the region will all be better off.

8. meh March 3, 2014 at 11:41 am #

Can I vote for stops that have current route information, schedules, and pick up times, or maybe even digital displays that have the omgtransit app displayed for that location? No?

Okay, how about stops with adequate heating or shelter from the elements so I don’t have to risk frostbite by waiting for a late bus in February? No, can’t vote for that either?

Hm, what about shelters that have credit card readers for people that didn’t plan ahead and buy a Go-To card? Anybody?

Well, then I guess I’ll just vote for the one that has cutesy name and an aesthetic that urban design people would describe as “playful” or “inviting.”

9. Roofs March 4, 2014 at 10:17 am #

They pretty much all look the same. I voted for glance and circuit because of the roofs. Curves roofs in this climate (snow and ice) seem misplaced.