streets.mn is seeking applicants to join the board of directors.
streets.mn thinks transportation and land use news and information in Minnesota can be done better. We explore the pressing issues facing our cities, towns, neighborhoods and the places in between. We are a non-profit organization seeking dedicated board members to help the organization grow and accomplish our mission.
The board meets eight times a year. It is a working board, and members are expected to participate in creating a healthy organization. Board members lead most work groups of the organization and are expected to spend time working on streets.mn initiatives outside of board meetings.
Board member expectations:
- Be committed to expanding conversations about transportation and land use in Minnesota
- Prepare for and participate in 8 board meetings per year
- Devote 10 hours per month working on streets.mn initiatives, working groups, or committees
- Attend at least two social or other special events sponsored by streets.mn throughout the year
- Use their networks and skills to promote readership of the blog and forums and raise the visibility of streets.mn
- Contribute financially, either personally or by raising money through networks/efforts
All interested applicants are invited to apply. Special consideration will be given to applicants who help the streets.mn board accomplish the following:
- Add additional representation of suburban and greater Minnesota perspectives
- Improve the board balance of racial, ethnic, gender, sexual orientation, and sexual identities to more accurately represent Minnesota
- Strengthen the relationship between the streets.mn blog and forum
Interested applicants should click here to complete the application. Applications are due by 11:59pm on February 17th. If you have any questions on the application, please contact us at email@example.com.
Streets.mn is a non-profit and is volunteer run. We rely on your support to keep the servers running. If you value what you read, please consider becoming a member.