Friday, February 8th: a great day to enjoy some winter bicycling with people around the world. It’s International Winter Bike to Work Day!
Arrive at work with some snowflakes on your coat, frozen eyelashes, and enjoy bicycle benefits like:
- Climate-friendly living Does bike commuting impact your carbon footprint? And how much? by Frances Stevenson
- Mindfulness: Moving meditation: how riding a bike can keep you grounded by Robin Mazumder
- Better physical health: New research indicates cycling to work has extraordinary health benefits by Kevin Murnane
- Saving money: Bicycling vs driving calculator
- Beautiful winter views:
Commit to ride your bike to work and check the Winter Bike to Work Day Twitter account for photos and stories from your fellow cyclists around the world.
Need some tips on biking to work? Please comment here with your questions, or reference some previous streets.mn posts:
- Winter biking goes to the dogs by Melissa Wenzel
- Bike to work day: a content retrospective by Julie Kosbab