Do you love reading streets.mn? Are you interested in taking a leadership role in shaping conversations about the future of urbanism in Minnesota? If the answer is yes (and if you’re reading this now, there’s a good chance it is), then streets.mn has got the opportunity for you!
streets.mn is excited to announce that we are opening applications for our Board of Directors to serve a 2-year, 2020-2021 term. All are welcome to apply, and absolutely no policy or planning experience is required. We do ask, however, that you are passionate about our mission: “To foster positive connections and inclusive conversations about better places in Minnesota.”
We are also looking for individuals who will improve the board balance of racial, ethnic, gender, sexual orientation, and sexual identities to more accurately represent Minnesota.
While we encourage anyone of any background to apply, special consideration will be given to applicants who have experience in the following:
- Content strategy
- Fundraising & membership development
- Experience with grant writing for nonprofits
- Publishing/content development/editorial skills
- Tech experience (e.g. WordPress admin, IIS server experience, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Community development
By joining the board of streets.mn, you will:
- Hang out with a great group of people who are just as energized about land use and transportation as you;
- Get a chance to put your ideas for a better streets.mn into action;
- Give back to your community by providing a space for discussion about local urbanism issues.
Applications are due by 8 AM on November 16th, and we will announce our candidate selections in December.
Thank you for reading, and your support of streets.mn!
Streets.mn is a non-profit and is volunteer run. We rely on your support to keep the servers running. If you value what you read, please consider becoming a member.