Join the streets.mn Board!
streets.mn thinks transportation and land use news and information in Minnesota can be done better. We explore the pressing issues facing our cities, towns, neighborhoods and the places in between. We are a non-profit organization seeking dedicated board members to help the organization grow and accomplish our mission.
The board meets eight times a year. It is a working board, and members are expected to participate in creating a healthy organization. Board members lead most work groups of the organization and are expected to spend time working on streets.mn initiatives outside of board meetings.
Board member expectations:
– Be committed to expanding conversations about transportation and land use in Minnesota
– Prepare for and participate in 8 board meetings per year
– Devote 10 hours per month working on streets.mn initiatives, working groups, or committees
– Attend at least two social or other special events sponsored by streets.mn throughout the year
– Use their networks and skills to promote readership of the blogs and forums and raise the visibility of streets.mn
– Contribute financially, either personally or by raising money through networks/efforts
All interested applicants are invited to apply. Special consideration will be given to applicants who help the streets.mn board accomplish the following:
– Add additional representation of suburban and greater Minnesota perspectives
– Improve the board balance of racial, ethnic, gender, sexual orientation, and sexual identities to more accurately represent Minnesota
– Strengthen the relationship between the streets.mn blog and forum
Interested applicants should complete the brief online application. Applications are due by 11:59pm on February 17th. If you have any questions on the application, please contact us at email@example.com. The current board will review the applications and contact you later in February.
Have a tip about an upcoming event you think we should post? Let us know about it. Along with a description, please include the event date and any applicable web address.