This past week we at streets.mn experimented with what we called “Snark Week”. While our readership remained roughly constant with recent non-holiday weeks (actually slightly up), some of our loyal readers gave us pushback.
- Was it perfect? No, nothing is.
- Was it too much? Maybe. We will probably wield the Ax of Snark a bit more frequently going forward.
- Was it entertaining? Maybe, humor is in the eye of the beholder. Sarcasm is an acquired taste. I liked it.
- Was it distracting? Yeah, it probably resulted in more “serious” posts being deferred. One of our most popular posts for the week was a serious post that did slip through. On the other hand, none of the major problems facing society magically disappeared last week, so they are pretty much all still relevant. There are no planning emergencies.
- Was it disorganized? Almost assuredly, which is what you get with an all volunteer organization. Give us enough money and we will hire people and be less disorganized.
- Was it performance art? What is art anyway?
- Will we do it again? Maybe, if the mood strikes us.
Thank you for humoring us trying to humor you. Now back to our regular programming.