The following was adopted by the streets.mn Board on July 7, 2014
Peer Review Process and Editorial Workflow
- Every writer for streets.mn will be assigned to “contributor” status
- Writers will continue to write posts as usual, however instead of “Publishing” their posts, will make them “Pending Review”
- All posts will go through editorial review by the Editorial Council, who will accept and publish posts that comply with Editorial Policy.
- The Editorial Council is a body established by the Board of Directors, and Chaired by the streets.mn Secretary, comprised of volunteer writers and Board members.
- The Editorial Council will assign one person to be “Editor” for each given day.
- The Editor of the Day will:
- Log-in on their scheduled day,
- Read posts that are “Pending Review”.
- Edit posts for minor grammatical issues as needed (Light editing)
- Return problematic posts to author (with comments) if major issues. Major issues can be language, obvious inaccuracy (though fact-checking not required, commenters can do that), libel, etc. as per writer / editorial guidelines.
- Discuss with Editorial Council as needed. If in doubt, flag the post for further discussion.
- Schedule accepted posts for following day at various timeslots.
- The Editorial Council will establish a backup Editor of the Day who will check at the end of the day that the Editor of the Day queued up posts for the following day.
- Account holders who don’t login within 12 months, will have their account suspended until an active request by the account holder is made and the account is restored. A new password will be requested. Before this occurs account holders will be notified that this is about to happen.