Peer Review Process and Editorial Workflow
- Every writer for streets.mn will be assigned to “contributor” status
- Writers will continue to write posts as usual, however instead of “Publishing” their posts, will make them “Pending Review”
- All posts will go through editorial review by the Editorial Council, who will accept and publish posts that comply with Editorial Policy.
- The Editorial Council is a body established by the Board of Directors, Chaired by the streets.mn Editor-in-Chief, and comprised of volunteer writers and Board members.
- The Editorial Council will assign one person to be “Editor” for each given day.
- The Editor of the Day will:
- Log-in on their scheduled day,
- Read posts that are “Pending Review”.
- Edit posts for minor grammatical issues, formatting, etc., as needed (Light editing)
- Communicate with author to let them know when the post will be posted, and/or to resolve any major issues. These issues can be language, obvious inaccuracy (though fact-checking not required), libel, etc. as per writer / editorial guidelines.
- Discuss with Editorial Council as needed. If in doubt, flag the post for further discussion.
- Schedule accepted posts for following day at various timeslots.
- The Editor-in-Chief will act as a backup Editor of the Day, and will check at the end of the day that the Editor of the Day queued up posts for the following day.
- Account holders who don’t login within 12 months, will have their account suspended until an active request by the account holder is made and the account is restored. A new password will be requested. Before this occurs account holders will be notified that this is about to happen.