The following was adopted by the Board July 7, 2014
- For electronic decision-making between Board meetings, “Request for Comment” (RfC) will be posted to the https://streets.mn/forums/forum/board-forum/ under a new thread, indicating “Request for Comment” on a proposed motion; this may be considered a “draft motion”.
- An announcement to the Board email list will be made using a new email thread.
- One week will be permitted for discussion from the email being sent.
- At that time, the original proposer may propose an amended “final motion” for a single up or down vote (without further discussion), which will be posted in a new thread indicating “Motion for Vote” (MfV), with a brief title and a full statement of the motion; this thread is only for voting, not discussion.
- This final motion will pass if approved by a majority of the streets.mn Board (an electronic vote presumes all members in attendance, thus a majority of those meeting is a majority of the Board): a vote for approval will constitute a comment on the thread of the final motion stating “Aye”, indicating voting in favor of the motion; a vote against approval will constitute a comment on the thread stating “Nay”, indicating opposition to the motion.
- One week shall pass from the posting of the final motion, to vote-counting.
- The votes shall be counted by the Chair, who will send out an email to the Board indicating whether the motion carried.
- This motion and the vote outcome will be recorded in the minutes of the following Board meeting.