Tuesday night, we held our Fourth Annual Winter Fundraiser & Festivity, and it was a fabulous night.
This year’s edition was held at the A Mill Artist Lofts in the 7th floor party room, which featured an excellent view of downtown and the river. Inside, our special guests Frederick Melo of the Pioneer Press and Eric Roper of the Star-Tribune mingled with guests, then helped entertain via interplay with the Theater of Public Policy. T2P2 regaled guests with songs about Pat Harris, cracks about St. Paul garbage pickup, a press conference with James J. Hill concerning a gingerbread stadium, and oh so many parking jokes.
Through all this, guests enjoyed noshes from our catering vendor, Klassics Minneapolis, beer donated by St. Paul’s own Bang Brewing, wine, and sparkling water. Two attendees won map prints in the raffle, donated by Happify Design.
We’re still adding up the balance, but before doing the full accounting we know we made measurable progress towards our redesign fund goal!
We would like to thank many terrific folks for the success of the event:
- The cast of the Theater of Public Policy, for comedy.
- Matty Lang, for the party space.
- Frederick Melo and Eric Roper, for being great sports and coming to our event as special guests — we hope we were a lot more fun than the typical comments sections on their articles.
- Bang Brewing, for beer.
- Happify Design, for maps.
- Every single one of you fine guests who came.
- Every single one of you fine readers who is now planning to clear your schedule for our next event.
- And, of course, the entire streets.mn board for the various duties around this event, but most especially Dana DeMaster, for directing and organizing the entire event and having the vision to make it happen!
We’ll see you all at our next event. Watch this space, Facebook and Twitter for details on when, where and what it’ll be.
If you missed your chance and would like to donate to streets.mn, please do! We rely on your support.
Ask Trunp… y’all are total conservatives