Today, we’re sharing some behind-the-scenes info from streets.mn. I’m pleased to announce that in December, the streets.mn Board of Directors unanimously voted to welcome five new members to the board.
- David Zeller, the marketing manager for HourCar. He has experience with business partnership development with non-profits, membership development, event planning, fundraising, and volunteer coordination.
- Katie Emory, an artist working in the traffic industry in St Paul. She comes to the board with a clear understanding of our strength and weaknesses, and she has a wealth of ideas and energy to help us grow.
- Morgan Kavanaugh, a real estate lawyer and chair of the West St Paul Planning Commission. He brings extensive non-profit board experience and a concrete understanding of how to focus limited resources on our priorities.
- Thomas Basgen, an active streets.mn community member from St. Paul. He is passionate about helping streets.mn connect with other organizations and non-profits, including funders. He’s very aware of and strategic about how, as a white man, he can amplify and elevate other voices and use his disproportionate power to challenge racial and gender inequity, and
- Tim Brackett, a machinist who has recently returned to school to study public policy and land use. He brings experience in non-profit events and membership, and the perspective of living car-free in the western suburbs. He is eager to connect streets.mn with potential new members.
We posted an open call to join the Board of Directors in the fall, and received a lot of great applications. By itself that’s an encouraging sign, and the board had a very tough job picking people to join our team. Sincere thanks to everyone who applied!
At our January meeting, we also unanimously re-elected a slate of officers, all of whom were elected to continue their positions from last year. They are:
- Bill Lindeke, Board Chair
- Janne Flisrand, Vice Chair
- Hannah Pritchard, Treasurer
- Betsey Buckheit, Secretary
There are a lot of exciting changes happening behind the scenes of streets.mn, and our new Board of Directors is looking forward a great 2018.