Please save the date for July 13th! We’re having our annual summer picnic at Boom Island Park, on a former Mississippi River island in the shadow of Downtown Minneapolis.
Come and meet the streets.mn community writers, readers, and board members IRL. We’ll have a frisbee.
- What: a fun summer picnic
- When: Saturday July 13th, 11:30am – 2:00pm
- Who: anyone, all ages from 0 years old to 100 years old
- Where: Boom Island Park in Northeast Minneapolis
- Why: because it’s going to be great weather
If you feel compelled, bring a pot luck item to share. We’ll have grilled sausages (veggie and meat) and beverages on hand for you.
Stay tuned for more info!
Fun facts about Boom Island:
- It snowed there this year on February 10th
- It is not an island, but it was once
- It used to be covered in mountains of coal and/or piles of logs
- There’s a weird small blue lighthouse nearby
- There’s a cool old railroad bridge that connects it to Nicollet Island, which is a real island
- It’s really flat, without many trees
Streets.mn is a non-profit and is volunteer run. We rely on your support to keep the servers running. If you value what you read, please consider becoming a member.