streets.mn has openings for volunteer editors.
- Proofreading text and correcting spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors
- Reviewing factual correctness of information, such as dates and statistics
- Checking text for style, readability, and adherence to editorial policies
- AssistingContributors in formatting articles, particularly images
- Communicating with Contributors surrounding changes made or suggested, or issues with editorial policy compliance
- Scheduling articles to run based on standard publishing cadence
- Collaborating with other editors and the Board regarding updates to policies and procedures as needed
Editors typically edit one “day” a week, editing and scheduling articles to run at prescribed times for those dates. Depending on available articles, this work can often be done 2-3 days in advance of the day, or the evening prior. Advance work is preferred as it gives editors time to engage in conversation with authors as needed for questions or complex edits. Typical time required is 2-5 hours per week.
We are currently looking for editors who can take responsibility for publication review for Mondays and Thursdays.
If interested or if you’d like to learn more, please contact editor-at-streets.mn.
Streets.mn is a non-profit and is volunteer run. We rely on your support to keep the servers running. If you value what you read, please consider becoming a member.