The ways we get around, work, socialize, travel, and play have changed dramatically in the last year, and so much is still in flux. These are some questions that have been weighing on my mind:
- How can we maintain and improve an effective transit system as many shift from daily commuting to remote work?
- How do we build housing that supports a growing population but avoids displacing current residents?
- How should cities grapple with the failures of the public safety system?
- With all these pressing issues and more, how can we design places to inspire delight and wonder – even in little ways – in those who pass through them?
If these questions resonate with you, and you believe that a better place is one that is People-centered, Future-oriented, Justice-driven, and Delight-cultivating, please join us on the streets.mn board. Our organization aims to provide a platform for those who care about creating better places in Minnesota. In joining the streets.mn board, you will become a member of a community that strives find meaningful ways to create those places in service of people and the planet.
Anyone is welcome to apply, and no board experience is necessary. However, we are seeking a few skills and perspectives in particular – if any of these describe you, we’d love to hear from you.
- Volunteer Coordination
- Broaden our racial and/or socioeconomic diversity
- Candidates with experience performing racial equity work
- Brand Manager–social media
- Individuals from historically-marginalized communities who bring differing perspectives on transportation and land use in their communities
Please submit your application by 8 AM on November 7th. For more information about joining the streets.mn board, and to submit your application, please click here. We look forward to your ideas, plans, and energy.
Note: For the continued health and safety of our board members and community, the streets.mn board is currently meeting virtually and any in-person events or meetings we hold are optional.