Car Commercial Accidentally Hilarious

This commercial, for the 2014 Nissan Rogue, is accidentally hilarious. Saw it several times during the Rose Bowl (presented by Vizio) and couldn’t believe it.

This commercial is literally:

Hey, buy this car and use it to commute, except commuting by car sucks, so actually take the train.

Who was in charge of this?

2014 Season

Transit 1-0
Cars 0-1

Happy New Year!

6 Responses to Car Commercial Accidentally Hilarious

1. Alex Cecchini
    Alex Cecchini January 1, 2014 at 10:02 pm #

They also managed to point out that bicycles are better for urban commuting than cars in the process. Nevertheless, I have a major urge to by a Rogue.

2. Lauren January 2, 2014 at 10:23 am #

Yes, exactly, THANK YOU. I thought the same thing! Dear Nissan, you just reminded me exactly why I prefer commuting on public transit.

Bill Lindeke January 2, 2014 at 11:14 am #

i kinda feel the same way about this Jimmy Johns commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuPWSn_qnzY

• Alex January 2, 2014 at 6:09 pm #

According to that commercial you also don’t have to pay for Jimmy John’s (which would be true if there were any justice in the world).

4. Matt Steele January 2, 2014 at 2:31 pm #

I bought a Rogue a few months ago, and now I’m pleased to own a car that acknowledges inferiority to transit and biking.

5. Craig January 6, 2014 at 9:32 pm #

I was watching Jerry Seinfield’s “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee” and they had an old retro Honda scooter or motorcycle ad. It started out with people on bicycles and the announcer complained that “you put more [energy] in that you get out” so therefore you should go with the gas-powered vehicle. So the 2014 Rogue isn’t the first vehicle to mix the message in its advertising, unless the thrill of letting your dollar exploit and waste the unrenewable energy of gas was an attraction lost on me with time.