The Minnesota Department of Transportation is currently seeking people to apply for open positions for the State Non-Motorized Transportation Advisory Committee. Application are online. Applications submitted by today, November 24, 2015 are given full consideration. However, we will consider applications until all positions are filled. So please read below, apply and forward to others. We appreciate your help in getting this information to others!
- What’s involved: The Non-motorized Transportation Advisory Committee (SNTC) is a state legislatively mandated committee required to “make recommendations to the commissioner on items related to non-motorized transportation, including safety, education, and development programs. The committee shall review and analyze issues and needs relating to operating non-motorized transportation on public rights-of-way, and identify solutions and goals for addressing identified issues and needs.” (Minn. Stat. 174.37)
- Members serve 4 year terms and meeta minimum of five times per year.
- The SNTC website: http://www.dot.state.mn.us/sntc/index.html
- For more background: Check out the SNTC website. Note the current sunset date of the SNTC is June 30, 2018. We need people from each of the MnDOT districts. As for the Metro District, we need four people to serve. All these positions are currently open.
- How to apply:Go to the SNTC website for links to current vacancies and the application. Look for “STATE NONMOTORIZED TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE” on the Secretary of State’s “Notice of Vacancies in State Boards, Councils and Committees” (starts on page 54 of the document.)
- You may also go directly to the Secretary of State’s website to apply: http://www.sos.state.mn.us/index.aspx?page=308
- Please note that SNTC agency vacancies are filled in a process different than directly applying through the Secretary of State’s application process on the website.
- Please indicate the position you are applying for on the form.
Please contact Mary Jackson, email@example.com or 651-366-4188 if you have any questions.
Streets.mn is a non-profit and is volunteer run. We rely on your support to keep the servers running. If you value what you read, please consider becoming a member.