streets.mn writers have written more than once about bike commuting, and we think their content is a great place to start prepping for Friday.
- How to Bike to Work: A Beginner’s Guide
A new classic by Ian Young, published just this month, it delivers on that title. Start here!
- My Barriers to Biking Are the Same Reasons I Bike
Frances Stevenson writes about the reasons she bikes. All of them can be inspiration for giving bike commuting a trial run.
- Driving Yourself Crazy? Sell Your Car
While we’re talking about a one-time bike to work event, it’s never the wrong time to consider how to reduce your car dependency.
- Halfway to Xanadu: Employer Bike Parking
Do you know what bike parking at your destination looks like? Dana DeMaster wrote about the types of employer bike parking in 2016, and perhaps when you try bike commuting, you’ll want to request better options at your employer.
- It’s Too Hilly, Cold, Hot, Far, Snowy and Uncultured to Ride a Bicycle Here
Come for the chart showing that 55% of people in Minneapolis live within 5 miles of work, stay for Walker Angell’s refutation of all the reasons cycling can’t work in Minneapolis.
- A Personal Biking Story from Bike Week 2015
Scroll past 2015’s Bike Week events for Ethan Fawley’s personal story of why he bikes.
Watch for more stories this week before Bike to Work Day 2018.