streets.mn Forum user tcmetro reports that Metro Council published 2017 ridership data on the Minnesota Geospatial Commons a few months ago. The data includes the top bus routes and transit ways, with average daily ridership.
Among bus routes, the 5 is the mighty workhorse, with the 21 and 18 also topping 10,000 average daily riders.
Among transitways, the light rail routes move significantly more people daily than any other line, benefitting both both route, and frequency of service.
The top 5 stations for the Green/Blue Lines were:
- Target Field – 1,930/1,657 (Green/Blue)
- Hennepin Ave – 3,015/2,472 (Green/Blue)
- Nicollet Mall – 1,978/2,176 (Green/Blue)
- Government Plaza – 1,829/2,013 (Green/Blue)
- US Bank Stadium – 2,774/2,903 (Green/Blue)
Streets.mn is a non-profit and is volunteer run. We rely on your support to keep the servers running. If you value what you read, please consider becoming a member.