Normally, when there’s a big epic road closure (15 miles of 35W!) I read the comments. But I already did for one major closure this summer, and based on rules of comment sections, odds are 100% that the same comments are being made, and they’re going to be talking about bikers sucking within 30 comments. So I’m not bothering.
Instead, I’m offering a few splendid ideas crowdsourced via the streets.mn Twitter feed.
It all started with this:
1. ride bike
2. use transit
5. cars aren't your only choice https://t.co/zuSCc4xIFz
— streets.mn (@StreetsMN) July 26, 2018
Our intrepid followers jumped in with more ideas:
- what’s your hurry? (@petervader)
- choose a different destination (@janneformpls)
- Open Streets 35W (@lawrem_ebooks)
- Walk? Promise it won’t hurt ya (@neonbabel)
- Long term plan, move closer to things, ie live in the city. (@hemakhemak)
- Do the hokey pokey (@streetsmn again)
- Live and enjoy the world outside Minneapolis (@dpellenwood)
These are all much better ideas than reading the comments. We offer up one more idea: There is still time to come to the streets.mn picnic today at Lake Monster, which is accessible via public transit. We’ve closed the RSVP, but we’ll still be glad to see you if you just drop by.
See you there?
Streets.mn is a non-profit and is volunteer run. We rely on your support to keep the servers running. If you value what you read, please consider becoming a member.