Top Twin Cities Urbanist Halloween Costumes for 2018!

Halloween is still the best urbanist holiday.

Last year, we offered up five exciting Halloween costume ideas for Twin Cities urbanists who were ready to party. Perhaps yours won the costume contest or the admiration of your friends and neighbors? Perhaps you have made new friends this year and can reuse last year’s options.

But if you need new ideas, never fear! Your streets.mn frivolity poster is back with exciting ideas for 2018, with help from social media!

1. These ideas from Alicia Valenti are 💯:

2. Public Meeting
    Get two big pieces of posterboard. Create big headers. Then, cover them with post-it note comments. This is quick and easy, and will cost you ~$4 at a dollar store (where posterboard costs LESS than $1). Easy.
  3. Scooter Operator
    Borrow a kid’s Razor. Wrap it in lime green electrical tape at appropriate points (because the Limes are more recognizable than the black/white on Birds, okay). Wear a helmet (or not). Put a big QR code to scan on it. Scoot around the party saying “wheeeeeee” a lot. Easy.
  4. Parking Meter
    You know what this looks like. Start with a grey t-shirt, layer on some adhesive vinyl, make sure there is a place to accept the tributes, a quarter at a time, from admirers. Some of the internet ideas for “gumball machine costumes” might be adaptable.If you want to be more ironic, “sexy parking meter” is an option, of course.
  5. Bulldozer
    Michael claims they were joking. We aren’t. This is clearly amazing and we want pictures if any of you make this happen. Make it happen. Please.

Add any ideas you have in the comments below. And, again: PIX. SEND PIX to @streetsmn on Twitter, or contact us with pictures via other means (pony express, email, etc.).

10 Responses to Top Twin Cities Urbanist Halloween Costumes for 2018!

1. Melissa Wenzel October 26, 2018 at 3:03 pm #

I’m totally going to go as a public meeting for Halloween. Though if I wear that costume at my workplace (state government) I might have colleagues think I’m dressed up as “continuous improvement.”

(-:

2. Tom Basgen
    Tom October 26, 2018 at 3:08 pm #

I’m going as a frivolous lawsuit

Bill Lindeke October 26, 2018 at 3:24 pm #

I have been there, done that, on the parking meter costume: https://twitter.com/BillLindeke/status/1055917829092978689

Thanks for the post-it idea. I think I may try that out.

Bill Lindeke October 26, 2018 at 3:25 pm #

Or even easier, maybe I can go as a “stakeholder” and just hold a stake while I am at the party.

• Julie Kosbab October 26, 2018 at 3:31 pm #

I was unable to convince either of my children that such a costume was a good plan. Alas.

4. UrsineMSP October 26, 2018 at 3:35 pm #

While this seems completely impractical, I would love to find a way of going as That Fkn Kmart.

5. Trent October 27, 2018 at 10:27 pm #

You could go as a bike lane – have a long black strip dragging behind you that everyone else has to stay out of and make room for. 🙂

6. John L. October 28, 2018 at 8:36 am #

Building off the scooter idea, be sure to generate a good QR code.
    Create your own here: https://www.the-qrcode-generator.com/
    I can’t post the image, but mine translates to “Maybe you should just walk….”
    I am sure you all are far more clever…