Zero score and seven years ago, the @streetsmn Twitter account was created, an anniversary we think is cooler than the Halloween blizzard:
Today is the 7th anniversary of @StreetsMN on Twitter.
— streets.mn 🛴🚴🚌🚃🛶 (@StreetsMN) October 31, 2018
And the first posts on streets.mn were published in November 2011. That makes us 7!
In that time, we’ve grown a bit:
- 4,051 posts
- 40,569 comments published
- 1 zillion spam comments caught by our spambot filter (estimated – history got wiped several times)
- Nearly 18,000 tweets
- At least 3 webhosts
- Countless cat memes
We’d like to thank all of our contributors, writers, readers and detractors for their time and energy over the last 7 years.
As you may be aware, this past summer we updated our mission for the first time since 2011. We believe this new mission and the related core values position us to continue to grow and change as our cities and neighborhoods also change.
We invite all of you to be a part of this next phase:
- We’re recruiting new Board members for the 2019-2020 term. We have an upcoming meet-up at Foxy Falafel where you can express interest or ask questions (or just come to talk about the election and SWLRT and purple signs). All are welcome!
- We are always seeking out new writers, or new contributions from existing contributors.
- We run entirely on donations from our members. While we are 100% volunteer run and operated, hosting isn’t free, and some of our software isn’t free either. We are a registered non-profit, and contributions to us are tax deductible. Give to the Max 2018 is coming, but you can get a head start by donating today. Even $5 helps – if even half our readers tossed in $5, we would have enough to redesign the site, fix our database, and still pay for hosting.
- Read and comment!
We are excited about the next phase, and we hope you are too. Watch for more events and meetups, and you are always welcome to contact any Board member personally, or the streets.mn accounts on Twitter or Facebook, with feedback and ideas.