Winter is coming.
So is Give to the Max Day, which will take place Thursday, November 15, 2018.
We realize that Give to the Max Day is really noisy on social media, so we thought we’d lay out our case early here:
- streets.mn is a 501(c)3 non-profit, fully registered with state and federal tax authorities. Your donations are deductible within current tax law rules.
- streets.mn fully operates on reader donations, and the time and energy of volunteers. All of our Board, editors, writers and people who make stuff go (like events, social media, membership and tech) are volunteers.
- Web hosting, though, is not free.
- We do not accept advertising, cheesy guest posts for money, and the developer cash we have been accused of pocketing doesn’t actually exist.
Your donations mean a lot to the ongoing operations of streets.mn. Here are ways you can help:
- Donate! You can donate on Give to the Max Day via their interface, or donate via our handy and secure form here at streets.mn any time between now and Give to the Max Day. (We get more of your donation when made directly, but we get how it can be more convenient to break up your donation via Give to the Max.)This year, we have an anonymous donor who will match the first $250 in donations in the month of November. Any amount from you helps!
- Save the Date! Our winter fundraiser and festive event will take place on December 19. Watch this space for details.
- Apply to be on the streets.mn board! We’re currently taking applications to fill some board seats.
Be a part of streets.mn! And thank you for your support.