It is Bike to Work Day in the Twin Cities on Friday! Perhaps you are biking to work. Maybe you will see all those joyous cyclists and think, “I would like to try that!”
We have content that can help! streets.mn writers have written more than once about bike commuting. Whether it’s your first bike commute or your 750th, here are some great articles for you!
- How to Bike to Work: A Beginner’s Guide — This 2018 article gets you rolling well beyond Bike to Work Day to make it a regular habit.
- Joyful Bike Commuting — Delight. It matters!
- My Barriers to Biking Are the Same Reasons I Bike — Inspiration for the ride.
- Driving Yourself Crazy? Sell Your Car — Reduce your car dependency and find some inner peace.
- Halfway to Xanadu: Employer Bike Parking — Do you know what options your employer has for bike parking? Good options can make creating a habit far easier.
- It’s Too Hilly, Cold, Hot, Far, Snowy and Uncultured to Ride a Bicycle Here — 55% of Minneapolites live within 5 miles of work. Totally doable!
- Electric Assist Bicycles — You know what makes the commute even easier? Investing in an e-bike. Maybe this isn’t the first step, but as you get deeper in, you may start thinking about it. While pricey, they are cheaper than a car!
Keep us up to date about your bike commute or Bike to Work Day experience in the comments, or Tweet at us with pictures and big thoughts (@streetsmn). And remember: May is actually Bike to Work MONTH!