As a fully member-supported and volunteer organization, streets.mn’s mission is driven by our authors and supported by our Board of Directors. Every year, we recruit a new cohort of board members via a call for applicants, and each serves a two year term. Here is this year’s board!
New Board Members in 2021
- Andrew Rankin
- Andy Monserud: Andy is a South St. Paul native and St. Paul local with a passion for bike and train travel and a habit of talking loudly about both with anyone who will listen. He joined the streets.mn board in 2021, around the time he started getting into Deep Space 9. He also plays and listens to bad folk-punk and is a sucker for tabletop and video RPGs. He writes about courts for money and other things for fun.
- Francesco Di Caprio: Fran is a St. Paul resident currently working as an architectural designer. He misses spending his days in libraries and coffee shops.
- Max Christensen: Max is a longtime Minnesotan and avid urbanist. They grew up in Red Wing, Minnesota before attending Grinnell College in Iowa. While studying abroad in Copenhagen, Denmark, Max observed the way that the city’s transit, bike, and pedestrian infrastructure was designed in a way that stimulated people’s physical, mental, and social health. This experience radically altered the way he viewed the world, and inspired him to bring the best design principles from cities around the world here to Minnesota. His previous work at Trimble Transportation, a trucking telematics company based in Minnetonka, exposed him to the world of freight, and informed him in the variety of ways personal, commercial, and industrial traffic experiences our cities and transportation network. Max is currently enrolled in the Masters of Regional & Urban Planning program at the University of Minnesota.
Returning Board Members for 2021
- Alicia Valenti – Chair: A transplant to the Twin Cities who works on small and large transit projects across the Midwest, Alicia likes to write for streets.mn about bikes, winter and fun things to do on transit.
- Katie Emory – Vice Chair: Katie Emory is a Master’s candidate in Urban and Regional Planning at the University of Minnesota. She is a strong believer in the healing powers of better transportation infrastructure and policy for our minds, bodies and planet. Outside of school and work you might find her doing yoga, embroidery, or spending time with her cat, Mika.
- Glen Johnson – Secretary: Glen Johnson has lived in the Twin Cities nearly his whole life and more recently moved to the downtown Minneapolis area. He thinks a lot about land use and the policies and incentives that shape where and how we live. He found an in-demand skill in 2020: running all the Zoom calls.
- David Zeller – Treasurer
- Erik Ruthruff – Content Manager: Erik is a project manager and previously worked as a content editor for several companies. He has worked in the Microsoft stack software development community since the mid-1990s in technical education, project management, publishing and conference production. In his spare time, he cycles and does non-profit work. Erik was a volunteer on the Edina Transportation Commission from 2017-2020.
- Tim Brackett: Tim is currently a CNC Machinist living in NE Minneapolis. He has been on the board of streets.mn since 2018 and currently works on the Anti-Racism, Finance, and 10-Year Anniversary committees.
- Julia Curran
- Julie Kosbab: Julie is an online marketing consultant and active transportation advocate living in Anoka County, Minnesota. She was one of Minnesota’s only League of American Bicyclists Certified Instructors when certified in 2005, and is no longer lonely in that calling. A past member of the National Bicycle Tour Directors Association, she has 2 children and a garage full of bicycles. Find her on Twitter as @betweenstations, or read her (seldom updated) blog at Ride Boldly!
- Bill Lindeke: Bill has been blogging about sidewalks and cities since 2005, ever since he read Jane Jacobs. He has a PhD in geography from the University of Minnesota, teaches geography around town, and has written for Minnpost, the Park Bugle, and Growler Magazine, among others.
- Eric Moran: Eric is a Puerto Rican parent living in North Minneapolis. He has been working in IT for nearly 20 years, mostly in the public sector. Eric can be found biking most places, and often is found listening to music.
- Hannah Pritchard: Hannah is a pedestrian and bicycle engineer at MnDOT. Bicycle commuter, bassoonist, and cat enthusiast, Hannah has been part of the streets.mn board since 2016.
- Jenny Werness: Jenny is a carfree, bicycling, tree-loving St. Paul resident, with a Ph.D. in organic chemistry. She believes that our rapidly changing climate should be of utmost concern to all of us.